Monday, May 21, 2007

New Mom's Group

I can't believe I failed to mention My New Mom's Group in past blog entries. Here goes:

When Hayden was born, I was lucky enough to join a New Mom's Group, run by my Pediatrician. Six new mom's met once a week to discuss new baby things, like, sleeping, eating, pooping, and new mom things like, exhaustion, newfound confidence in motherhood, and undescribable & overwhelming baby love. It was hosted by our pediatrician Dr. Silverblatt and a Therapist, Barbara. During my maternity leave, they were my lifeline to the outside world. During the bleak days of winter, and the sleepless nights of maternity, I had an appointment once a week to discuss all things baby and the emotions that go with it. It was the best thing I could have done, and I felt incredibly lucky to have these other women to talk to. And, to see your Pediatrician weekly, that was a huge, enormous plus as well. Whenever I see a mom in my neighborhood with a brand, new baby, I always stop and tell them about our group and how fantastic it was. Thank you Dr. Silverblatt!!

I loved it so much, my dad is going to start a similar group at his practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home