Sunday, July 05, 2009

The Burbs!

Since the downturn of the housing market and low mortgage rates, Chris has decided it is time we pack up and move to the burbs. I am torn. Logically speaking, it makes sense - we can buy more house for less money. We found a great little town in Westchester and have decided finally that living in Westchester would be a positive move for our family. Although Hayden will enjoy being in a house and having a backyard, it's hard to think of uprooting our life. I'd have to commute in, Janet would need to find new friends for Hayden. And, really, I feel like we are leaving our youth behind.

NYC - I never thought I'd leave it. But after 12yrs, I think it may be time to pack it up and go.

So, we decided to move, put an offer on a house and then, suddenly, in this so-called housing crisis, we were in a bidding war! We lost. Which doesn't bother me - guess I'll have more time as a cool, Brooklyn mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home