Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I'M LIKE THE FURNITURE

Now that Hayden is smiling, Chris and I are in constant competition to see who can make him smile more and bigger. I've lost.

I spend all day with Hayden making silly faces, singing and jumping around - anything for a smile. I only get the occasional smile. Chris, who only spends one hour with him a day walks into Hayden's room, talks in a cockney accent and Hayden not only smiles (ear to ear no less) but giggles! He says, "Hello luv" and Hayden lights up like a Christmas tree. After Chris left the room, I tried it, "Hello luv" and Hayden barely even made eye contact with me.

I complained to Chris who summed it up. He said I spend so much time with Hayden I've become like furniture. In Hayden's eyes it's like, o look, there is the couch, chair, rug, blond woman, phone, etc, etc, etc. All my love, time and attention I pay to this kid, and I've BECOME THE EQUIVALENT OF FURNITURE! A mother's love is always under appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home