Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Shots!

Hayden got his first round of vaccines today, which included three shots. He was a champ and only cried for a bit. I was nervous, and to make the situation more heartbreaking than knowing he was about to get stabbed in the leg three times with a needle was that he was happy as a clam. He was smiling, cheerful and oblivious to the pain that was heading his way.

Shot one. He didn't flinch. Shot two and three however hurt him. I didn't actually see it, as I had Chris block my view, but I saw my little guys face go from happy-go-lucky to shock then horrified, then in pain and he finally ended mad. We snuggled him, and tried to calm him which didn't really work. Naturally we can give him all the love in the world but the only thing that stopped him from crying was a nip off the old bottle.

I'll tell you this: I'm never, ever doing shots without Chris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home