Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Crying During Typical Mom Moments

Every once in a while, I get the nagging feeling that I'm not reacting as I should in the classic 'mom moments'. For instance, I didn't cry when I heard Hayden's first cry after delivery. In fact, my delivery was such a blur, I don't even remember that moment. I also didn't cry when Hayden got his first shots. And, the really weird thing is that I am a crier and I hate shots!

Sometimes I think its really all Hayden's fault. He's so damn cute when he cries - how can I cry at a cute kid? Other times I think I'm strong - solid, like a rock!

For the record, so you don't think I'm heartless, I cried when I held him for the first time. Big old sloppy tears. And I cried a few hours after his shots when he cried for 45 minutes straight. That was tough on me. I also cried when he gave me his first smile at 3 weeks. It was the biggest, gummiest grin I've ever seen and it was aimed directly at me. And I cried through the first few weeks - every single time I held him thinking my heart was going to break apart because I love this kid so much. Okay, I guess I've done enough crying. Maybe I'm simply cried out?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home