Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Real Tears

Did you know when babies are born they don't have tears? They cry and cry, their little faces get red, you can see their tongue vibrating, their bodies become tense, but no tears. nada. It somehow makes the cry seem not quite as bad.

Hayden recently developed tears and it is heartbreaking when he cries. To see a little teardrop fall down his face, I'll do anything to make it stop. I can just envision myself years from now being suckered into anything when he cries.

Hayden: mom, I want a pony!

Mom (aka ME!): No way Hayden. A pony is too much responsibility and they attract flies. You cannot have one. I repeat - no pony for you.

Hayden: wwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaa. But I want a pony. I need a pony. (face turns red, tears start to well up and then roll down his face)

Mom: omg, Hayden are you crying? Are those real tears? Chris, he's crying with real tears! Fine, you can have ONE pony, but that's it! One.

Hayden: (immediately regains composure) starts skipping and dancing around me - Thanks Mom!

I'm going to be such a sucker!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home