Monday, November 20, 2006

Baby Email Announcement: Do I Have Approval Rights?

So, I mentioned last night that my boss had a little girl. Her husband sent out an email note saying, "they were over the moon with excitement". It was very sweet. Most email announcements say something to the effect of, "baby x was born at x weight and inches. Mother & baby doing well". It's a SNOOOZE!

I suspect that Chris will write the snoozer email. He's a great writer, but when it comes to something emotional, he goes in the opposite direction and just provides the facts. I asked him to practice the email so I can review and approve it, but he refuses. If I were writing it, which I kind of want to: I'd say something like:

Subject: OMG! I HAD A BABY!
Body of Email: EVERYONE, HAYDEN IS HERE! HE IS BEAUTIFUL AND WE ARE MADLY IN LOVE WITH HIM, EVEN THOUGH HE PUT ME THROUGH HELL GETTING OUT!! HAYDEN IS 8lbs & 21". WE CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL OF YOU TO MEET HIM!

--notice a few things:
1. Everything in CAPS, because I'm so excited I'm yelling.
2. Exclamation points everywhere!!!!
3. Subject is all about me... because really, I have to take advantage of every last second I can be the star.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home