Friday, November 03, 2006

Childbirth Class: Take 2.

Okay, I reluctantly went back to childbirth class. Hated it! I had to sit for two hours and listen to every possible complication a delivering woman can go through.
- Foreceps
- Vacuum extraction
- Breeched babies
- Labor followed by c-section
- Emergency c-section
- The sensation of scooping a child out of your womb when having a c-section
- The advice to bring clothes to the hospital that you'd ever want to wear again because you'll probably gush blood and goo all over them. Even days after delivery!

Bottom line: these are things I Do Not Need To Know.

The class was followed by a trip to the nursery - so we can see "the prize". We saw a 5 lb little girl, cute as a button. I was ready to walk out the door with that kid.

It was better than the first class when we saw a 10lb baby. That kid was born only a few hours before, but looked like his parents abandoned him several months earlier and he was about six months old. As long as Hayden stays small, I think I can do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home