Thursday, October 26, 2006

I've Been Replaced!

I was always the apple of my parents eyes. My sister as well, but we'll just focus on me, because it is my blog. As I was saying, my parents think I'm the funniest, prettiest, kindest, smartest person in the world. It's a great feeling!

I sent my parents two thank you cards after the baby shower. One from me, that was long and heartfelt, thanking them for all they've done for me my entire life. The other note was from Hayden that was cute and basically said, "Grandma & Grandpa: thank you so much for the crib! Can't wait to meet you! Hayden"

My mom called me to tell me how she LOOOOOOVED Hayden's thank you card. I said, "Mom that's great - glad you liked it! Did you also get the thank you card from me? You know the one that went on and on about how much I love you and how appreciative I am of having such great parents?" My mom was like, "Oh that, yeah we got that. But Hayden's card is really so great! I love it! It's on the fridge!"

I realized then and there, I've been replaced in my parents eyes by Hayden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home