Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Can Mom's Be Cool?

I always thought the answer was 'YES! Mom's can in fact be cool!' I always thought the reason I never saw a cool mom (ever!***) is because they didn't get it. They were simply too wrapped up in baby stuff and diapers to care about what is cool like, buying that cool new outfit or throwing caution to the wind and wear, *gasp* heels.

Well, I'm smack in the middle of my third trimester (8.5 months) and I have turned from cool pregnant to yoga pant wearing, new balance sporting, all black all the time comfort clothes. Honestly, nothing fits! And the very last thing I want to do is see myself in a department store mirror as I buy new fashionable clothes to fit my very unfashionable frame. So, my point is this: I look like crap and I'm going to start my new life as a mom on this bad clothes trend. I'm doomed to loserville before I even began.


*** For the sake of a few cheap laughs, I said I've never seen a cool mom. I must caveat that all my friends who are mom's think they are cool, so I don't want to offend them by letting them know they are not. So, for all my mom friends out there - you are cool! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! (even though you talked me out of using a marc jacobs pocketbook as diaper bag and wanted me to decorate in all denim because it doesn't stain and live in the upper most part of the upper east side to be close to the nanny and get drunk just looking at red wine!) You are still hot girlfriends - ROCK ON WITH YOUR BAD SELVES!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home