Saturday, October 21, 2006

So, What Is It Like At The OBGYN?

I'll provide a little update on my last OBGYN apt.

Dr. Goodstein: Hi Allison. How are you feeling? Anything new?

Allison: Feeling really good. Surprisingly good. Although, I do have a question.

Dr. Goodstein: Okay, shoot.

Allison: Welllllllll, I was wondering if there were any medical advances in labor and delivery since my last visit. Liiiike, wellll, maybe labor is a step I can skip in this process?

Dr. Goodstein: Hmm, no, don't think so. What exactly were you thinking?

Allison: Um, well. You know how on Star Trek they can beam people from the ship to the planet? Well, I was hoping someone can beam Hayden out of me on my due date. No mess, no fuss, no pain.

Dr. Goodstein: No. Don't think we've come that far yet. Any other ideas?

Allison: Well, the whole stork method wouldn't be bad, although I don't know if I'd trust my newborn to a bird. But, it may still be a better option than labor & delivery.

Dr. Goodstein: Laughing. (more like a giggle fit...)

Allison: A few more questions, like, (yada, yada - all boring).

Dr. Goodstein: Okay Allison, well, it was good to see you. Anything else?

Allison: Just wanted to let you know that this pregnancy has been really positive for me. I feel good, although I've certainly had my moments. The most surprising thing is that my husband and I, who I've always been close to, are even closer and have fallen deeper in love. We have so much to look forward to.

Dr. Goodstein: Wow! That is so sweet I want to cry. This has been a great appointment, you made me laugh & cry. What a day. Thanks Allison!

Allison: Oh, no. Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home