Friday, November 03, 2006

Can I Keep My White Apartment White With A Baby?

Just moved into my new place about a month ago and I keep decorating in shades of white, cream and baby blue. My strategy was to only get furniture that is slip covered so I can wash the white when it gets dirty.

I was confident this was a FOOL-PROOF plan - until - I had a child over. Sienna, my god-daughter who is almost two came over for a visit. The first thing she did when she walked in the door was look at my perfectly placed books on my perfectly placed bookshelves, and wham - they were in disarray before I could say, "Oh, it's okay, I don't mind".

What did we order for dinner you may ask?? Spaghetti with red sauce. Sienna, sat on her mom's lap, who to her credit did a great job of not letting a single strand of spaghetti drop to the floor. Malissa (mom) was vigilant. I couldn't believe it - we got through spaghetti without a single stain!

....then dessert came....chocolate ice cream.....oy......

She stuck her hand into the ice cream cup and took out a big chunk of chocolate, gooey ice cream, and then walked away. We couldn't reach her. I was paralyzed with fear.

Not only fear for that very moment and the impending stain, but I suddenly saw very clearly what the next, ooooh, saaaay, 15 years of my life were going to be like: fighting like hell to keep my beloved home stain free. Oy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home