Monday, December 18, 2006

HAYDEN IS HERE!

Hi everyone! I am so happy to announce that I finally met my little boy! After all that waiting and waiting and endless chatter to my belly I finally met my little guy for the first time on Thurs, 12/7 at 3:41pm.

Drum roll pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase! Introducing, the fab-u-licious HAYDEN EDWARD YOUNG!!!!!!! He was born 7 lbs 1.8oz and 18 inches. I can't believe he wasn't a monster baby! Every single inch of him is adorable and sweet as a button. I am madly in love with this little guy.


As for my regular blog readers (hi mom!), you'll be happy to know delivery was pretty darn easy. I was in labor for about 8 hours from first contraction to holding Hayden in my arms. I had the best night's sleep the night before and went into labor around 7am. I could not have done this whole baby thing without my anesthesiologist team. They are my hero's. I love them almost as much as Hayden. I could dedicate an entire blog to the miracles of modern science and pain killing drugs if only I didn't have so many feedings a day. Anyway, the delivery was a little rough. The umbilical cord was wrapped around Hayden's neck and he was in distress. We had to get him out pronto to avoid any damage to his brain so we ended up doing, the dreaded and feared forceps delivery. After going through that, I have to say, it looks a hell of a lot worse than it feels. It really was no big thing. I got an extra dose of drugs, and they pulled him out. Easy.

Gotta run, the little guy doesn't want to go to bed! More to come, I promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home