Thursday, August 17, 2006

Family Matters.

I'm in LA for my Uncle's wedding, and this will be the first time I see my extended family since being pregnant. I'm really excited to see them, especially my Grandma, who hasn't seen my belly yet. Funny thing is, I'm excited, but kind of shy, all at once. And I never feel shy!

I guess, since I don't see my family that often, they think of me as a kid. When I travel to LA for business, I get the distinct impression they can hardly believe I am there, alone, without a chaperone. How did I get to LA from NYC without a note pinned to my jacket with delivery instructions!?

Getting married broke that image a bit, but being pregnant, and a legitimate pregnancy at that (I'm no spring chicken) should shatter it. And do I want it shattered?? No way! I love being the funny, kooky kid they know, and now, suddenly, I'm going to be a responsible adult. Just how and when did that happen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home